Saturday 27 October 2012

I'm Selling These Fine Leather Jackets



(This is Kati, the other half of this dastardly team. First off, an admission: I'm the slowest painter in the history of forever, and I'm both easily amused and easily distracted. So my posts are likely to be even more sporadic than Alex's, and generally filled with nonsense. Maybe Dark Eldar too, at some point, but mostly nonsense.)

Legends of the High Seas is a skirmish game for the sadly now-defunct Warhammer Historical system, in which you recruit a gang of buccaneers and wreak piratey havoc across the Caribbean. There's only one possible direction that I could take this: Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate™.

Thus far, I've managed to convert the Mighty Pirate himself, plus Edward "Snugglecakes" Van Helgen, the dread pirate Bloodnose and Cutthroat Bill. The internet has a disappointing lack of suitably burly and Scottish-looking 28mm models, so I'm still on the hunt for a suitable Haggis McMutton. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. With that, on to some pictures.


Oh... there's... a... monkey in my pocket And he's stealing all my change! His stare is blank and glassy, I suspect that he's deraaaanged!


(You might be wondering why this model has CoMI Guybrush's clothes and ToMIGuybrush's beard. Your guess, if I'm perfectly honest, is as good as mine.)

Guybrush was converted from the leftmost of these scurvy curs from Artizan, with an extensively resculpted face, quiff and a fine leather jacket waistcoat.


What? You shot my banjo!

Van Helgen started off as a Crusader Miniatures pirate, and actually hasn't had that much conversion done. The moustache, beard, eyepatch and cravat were added with greenstuff, and the feather originally came from a GW Empire kit (I believe it was Greatswords, but I can't be certain as it was in one of our random collections of bitz).

Obligatory group shot:




(Not 100% sure what happened to Van Helgen's base here... it looks fine IRL.)


Somehow, this doesn't seem very fair. (He really should have chosen the banjo.)



Next up: Wally the Cartographer Bloodnose the Pirate and Cutthroat Bill!

(As an aside, fuck you, HTML editor, you insufferable piece of shit. I'll teach you to garble my image code and add like 8 million <br> tags where I didn't ask for them. Grah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment