Tuesday 20 November 2012

Is it me, or does that goblin have a banana on his head?

So, updates....

Today we have a bunch of Kevin Adams goblins (as if they'd have been done by anyone else...)


As always with my greenskins, these little fellows are an eye-searingly bright green. I've decided to paint most of the clothing black, with the odd bit in yellow or red, to allow them to be used as night goblins should I need a few bain and chain wielding loonies at any point. And beacuse one of them appears to be wearing a hat with a moon on it. Or is it a banana?

As yet there are only ten of these little chaps done, but I have another 12 or so lurking in the box o' lead.

Speaking of the box, I should mention that a couple of months ago I managed to get a large (huge?) haul of greenies on ebay, courtesy of some fellow selling his old army off. A quick peruse of the container shows me I have approximately the following (I say approximately because there may be the odd model hanging around elsewhere):

36 orc archers, including a further Harboth, and 3(!) champions
9 of Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers
2 old trolls and a stone troll
11 orc spearmen
2 Pump wagons, one with the chassis, one without
One of those ancient bolt throwers (from Notlob's Orcish Bolt-Throwing Engines I think)
A Man-mangler, sans face plate
16 orcs with various weapons
20 goblins with various weapons
12 goblin archers

and...


A number of snotlings.

Quite a lot of stuff to get done then! Especially in terms of archers. Oh well, I suppose with that many the greenies might actually get a chance to hit something, even if it is each other.


There's also a number of orcs that I'll be using for characters (bosses, big bosses, etc...). The first two such are featured below.



3 comments:

  1. Well, if it ain't an oldhammer page I've never seen before! I was busy googling for a Lead Belcher and lo - here was your site! I wait with baited breath for the balance of your orc army - as well as the other wood elves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gaj! =) I did just about the same, but a day later and I was googling for some painted examples of Ruglud's. =D Nice work Alex, the nauseating green works just fine! =) Like how you treat your bases too. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much appreciated chaps! I should really get on with some more of these models. I've been distracted by umpteen other projects (and work).

    ReplyDelete